Driver - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Overview Purpose of the Job: The overall purpose of this job is
the safe and timely transportation of Immanuel Pathways
participants, under the supervision of the Transportation
Supervisor. In addition to transporting participants, the primary
responsibilities of this job also include the Driver to transport
meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other items
deemed necessary. The Driver is responsible for the overall
cleanliness and safety of the vehicle assigned on a daily basis.
Responsible for communicating any safety issue to the
Transportation Supervisor. Be capable of, and experienced in,
transporting individuals with special mobility needs. Supports and
lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities (Due to volume, there may be a distribution of
duties between transportation staff) Key Areas Key Responsibilities
and Duties of the Job Transporting Participants & Items
- Responsible for Immanuel Pathways participants-passengers
during transport, providing care in a manner which ensures
- Transports participants to and from medical/specialist
appointments, and activity outings, as requested by the
Interdisciplinary Team via the plan of care.
- Provides physical assistance to each participant when needed as
he/she boards and debarks from the program's vehicles.
- Transports meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any
other items as deemed necessary for participant.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team when
- Communicates with Transportation Coordinator daily to be
updated on participant conditions/ changes, plan of care changes,
or Interdisciplinary Team requests. Scheduling & Maintenance
- Follows assigned schedule, makes adjustments to meet
unanticipated changes, while considering the needs of the
participant and requirements of the Pathways PACE Center.
Communicates these changes to dispatch.
- Maintains and completes daily required records i.e., Pre- and
Post-Trip Inspections, gasoline purchases.
- Immediately reports, to Transportation Coordinator, any vehicle
or cell phone operating problems, malfunction, or incidents out of
the ordinary routine.
- Operates equipment safely and in compliance with vehicle
- Maintains the vehicle in a neat and clean condition.
- Ensures vehicle equipment is maintained and operating within
manufactures recommendations, replacing supplies as needed. Safety
- Follows safety policies and guidelines through:
- Complying with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health
- Implementing Exposure Control Plan
- Complying with Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Using proper lifting and push/pull techniques, use gate belt
assistance and participant transfers Scheduling & Dispatch
Responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for providing transportation dispatching and
routing services; dispatch paratransit vehicles as
- Create, maintain and monitor computerized daily manifests;
modify and update schedules to improve services.
- Receives requests for service and input requests into Computer
Aided Dispatch (CAD).
- Performs transport data extraction from and input into
- Create monthly reports.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties including answering
phone and data entry.
- Maintain accurate records, logs and files on transportation and
paratransit services. Other
- Perform other duties as required or requested Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly
population required, or completion of job specific training related
to working with the elderly population must be completed within the
first six months of hire.
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience is preferred.
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable,
certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and
actions in the respective state in which he/she is resides or is
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice in
the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of
the PACE organization
- Job specific competencies for the Driver will be met prior to
assuming participant care.
- Incumbent may be asked to cover for a counterpart at a
different PACE Pathways site on a fill-in basis for a short
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External
Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver's
License in the respective state in which he/she resides and in
Iowa, must have a chauffer's license or ability to obtain one
within 14 days of employment.
- Must have an acceptable record from the respective state's
Motor Vehicle Department in which the individual's license was
- Depending on location, may be required to have proof of
insurance and reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a DOT Medical Exam and obtain
a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- Hiring is contingent on successfully passing a DOT Medical Exam
and obtaining DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate. KSA- Knowledge
Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to the
- Skills in safely operating a large motor vehicle equipped to
- Ability to drive safely in all types of weather and traffic
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make
sure a vehicle is working
- Ability to pass random drug and/or alcohol tests.
- Ability to be a safe and courteous driver, following all
- Ability to load and unload passengers in a safe and courteous
- Ability to read and understand maps and/or routing information
to navigate within the service area.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, co-workers, and the public.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining good interpersonal
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with
- A bility to react calmly and effectively in an emergency
- Ability to be flexible and able to coordinate multiple tasks at
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner at all
Keywords: Immanuel, Council Bluffs , Driver - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!