Delivery Driver Lead
Company: US Foods
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Call (844) 751-4160 for more information!
Ready to build a career with a company that's leading the
foodservice industry?We help YOU make it! Our Delivery Driver Leads
start at $29.00 / hour. LEAD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the Safety Performance Team and ensure that
safety is a key focus.
- Train and mentor new drivers on company policies, procedures,
and monitor compliance/performance.
- Perform customer site visits to determine feasibility of
- Partner with the Night Warehouse Supervisors on safety and
- Perform post-accident ride-a longs with drivers to assist in
identifying root cause analysis and re-training as necessary.
- Participate in offsite training and developmental
- Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and
- US Foods Driver Onboarding program.
- Other duties to include:
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including but not limited
to: obtaining and reviewing driver itinerary, checking route
numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items
and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded,
moving tractors to the loading dock to attach the preloaded
trailers, completing required trailer temperature checks and
performing pre-trip safety check inspections of trucks and trailers
according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled
customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet
delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in
time at customer site.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering
vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy
traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Visually survey customer ' s site during the approach to
- Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand
and place items in designated customer storage areas.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain
proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
Contact distribution center management for authorization of invoice
discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns.
- As requested by management, drive backhauls which requires
picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for
receiving while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS)
- As requested by management, drive shuttles which requires
moving loaded trailers containing various food products, equipment
and supplies and empty trailers to and from remote dispatch sites
while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- Return tractor and trailer to distribution center when route is
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities including but not
limited to: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and
completing necessary paperwork; performing safety checks on the
truck and trailer, unhooking and securing the trailer; fueling (as
required by the distribution center); parking and securing the
tractor and hand truck; completing DOT logs (electronic or manual
as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and
reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety
practices and company policies.
- Follow distribution center shift times and continue until the
work is completed within DOT HOS regulations. Some Holiday,
Saturday, Sunday, and overnight deliveries may be required.Physical
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 20 to 80+ lbs. of product
repetitively during each shift required
- Comfortable driving and working in inclement weather conditions
with frequent stops (10+ per shift) requiredWhat You Bring to the
- Register to the FMCSA Clearinghouse*
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid CDL Class A issued by the state of legal
residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualifications
- Minimum of six months commercial driving experience or three
months commercial driving experience in the food and/or beverage
delivery industry required
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferredRegister to the
FMCSA Clearinghouse: You must be registered, or be willing to
register, to the FMCSA Clearinghouse as required by the Department
of Transportation. Registering to the FMCSA Clearinghouse is a
requirement by the Department of Transportation. All Drivers are
required to the Clearinghouse website and register to the new
database. The Clearinghouse is a secure online database that
provides real-time information about commercial driver's license
(CDL) and commercial learner's permit (CLP) holders' drug and
alcohol program violations. If you have not registered to the FMCSA
database, please note registration is required. Please visit and
click GO to login. If you are able to login, but are having trouble
with the Clearinghouse registration, see the "Clearinghouse Help"
field on the clearinghouse page.#ZR#AP
Qualified drivers, Call (844) 751-4160 to speak with a recruiter
Keywords: US Foods, Council Bluffs , Delivery Driver Lead, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!