Maintenance Mechanic (Packaging)- Mid Shift
Company: Highline Warren
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description$3000 SIGNING BONUS, UP TO $27/HR DOEThe
Maintenance Mechanic (Packaging) posses a broad range of skills
needed to successfully maintain a manufacturing operation. The
Maintenance Mechanic (Packaging) will assist in maintaining
production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and
mechanical equipment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To Perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing maintenance requirements on production machines.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, etc.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by
checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders;
- Conserve's maintenance resources by using equipment and
supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides maintenance information by answering questions and
- Prepares maintenance reports.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
work location. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS The individual may be asked to
perform other duties as requested. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
ABILITIES An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and learn to perform
simple maintenance tasks.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and
reporting software effectively.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and
prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the
solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing
work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers,
team members, and internal or external customers. Present
information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE,
EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS An individual qualified for this job
must have and maintain the following qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced manufacturing
- Pipe fitting, pump repair, and plumbing repair experience
- Mechanical knowledge of conveyors and material transfer
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with packaging equipment (case erectors, case
- Basic electrical knowledge with 110/220/480 volt power.
- General experience with building maintenance.
- Experience with Liquid fill equipment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally climb stairs to retrieve stock
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Repetitive grasping with hands.
- Walking and/or standing up to 10 hours per day, 6 days per week
- Frequent pushing, pulling, and reaching following recommended
standards. ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS The environmental conditions
described here are representative of those the associate encounters
while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work in an office setting in the same room
as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and
include conversation and/or office equipment noise. ADA/ADAAA The
Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Keywords: Highline Warren, Council Bluffs , Maintenance Mechanic (Packaging)- Mid Shift, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!