Inventory Control Manager
Company: At Home Group Inc.
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: June 19, 2022
At Home: The Home D--cor SuperstoreOur Mission:Enable everyone
to affordably make their house a homeOur company and our story are
continually expanding and changing. We are a dynamic, fast-paced
retail brand with exciting career opportunities offering unlimited
career growth and a fun job you'll love. We value imagination,
diversity, and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and
help shape our future. Go ahead, take a look, tell us your story,
and see if there's a perfect job for you!Position SummaryAt Home is
seeking a highly motivated, strategic and experienced Inventory
Control Manager to join the Store Team team driving the In Store
Experience.The Inventory/ Freight Control Manager supervises the
freight process and oversees all products of the At Home business
along with the Store Operations team members. With over 50,000
product items, this role spans the entire store from a
merchandising perspective. Maintains a neat, clean and safe store
while stocking and merchandising product our customers want to
shop. Ensures merchandise is positioned as planned and is well
organized on the floor and the shelves maintaining the safety of
our customers at all times. Achieves success by providing
problem-solving resources; managing store operations team members
and working collaboratively across the management team. Maintains a
back-of-store focus.Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides customers a positive shopping experience through a
clean, neat, and safe store while minimizing damages and
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning team members to various tasks each day; following up on
assigned tasks and following all scheduling directives
- Manages receiving a large volume of freight; checks in
shipments; stages merchandise for the sales floor in an expedited
and effective manner following all operating and safety
- Plans and manages team in performing all freight functions
including stocking and resets. Ensures Specialists are focused
first in their specialized areas and adheres to all merchandising
- Performs store recovery tasks and housekeeping (inside and out)
as required during stocking efforts.
- Drives productivity by training, coaching, and supporting team
members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. This
consist of training on all store equipment including forklift,
pallet jack, baler, and waste compactor.
- Responsible for building opening and closing tasks which
includes timely openings, operational readiness, troubleshooting,
team management, and building security.
- Coordinates with Store Director to maximize scheduling
effectiveness to support maximum output of freight and
merchandising product on the floor.
- Serves as a role model and as a coach through living the vision
and values. Builds a strong store operations team by helping team
members understand strategy and the business model to ensure
consistent and standard execution of At Home initiatives.
- And, any additional assigned responsibilities.Competencies and
- At least 18 years' old
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- At least 1-year Management/Leadership experience or equivalent
At Home experience
- At least 1-year direct responsibility of leading 4 or more
people or equivalent At Home experience
- Exposure to direct/indirect familiarity or responsibility for
annual revenue, operating budget, or profit & loss dollars of at
least $5 million or equivalent At Home experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and some holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., team lift 100 lbs.
- Ability to lead, train, direct and manage others.
- Ability to comprehend, execute and enforce company programs,
policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors and
subordinates both written and verbally.
- High energy and a high sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing, bending,
stooping, lifting, carrying, climbing, walking, reaching and other
- Ability to work independently and lead others.
- Contributes to a customer focused environment while
demonstrating excellent service.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, team and
leadership; keeps others informed and takes appropriate
partnerships where necessary. Excellent verbal, written and
comprehension communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy role model for ethical and honest
behavior. Does the right thing for the team member, the customer
and the company in all situations.
- Creates a sense of urgency; promotes team work, delegates
appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives.
Timely and thorough execution.
- Ability to comprehend, train, develops, motivate and lead in a
manner of fostering a work environment that is smart & scrappy,
safe and fun.
- Flexible and creative with an ability to handle multiple tasks
where priorities shift with the demands of the business.What we can
offer you:Medical, dental, and vision insurancePaid vacation
timePaid holidays, paid sick days, and paid bereavement
programsShort-term disabilityBasic Life and AD&D coverage401k
with company matchPaid volunteer time for approved programsGenerous
employee discountWhen you're a part of our team, you have the full
support of a diverse, close-knit team in our stores. We consider
all applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military
status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. At Home is
committed to knitting diversity and inclusion into the fabric of
our culture; we respect, appreciate, and celebrate the experiences
and qualities that differentiate everyone on the At Home team.
Keywords: At Home Group Inc., Council Bluffs , Inventory Control Manager, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!