Custodial/EVS Lead (Mid-America Center)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 16, 2023
The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment
and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro
area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting
events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena
has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community
events. Benefits: Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for
our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team
members are able to choose from five different medical coverage
levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic
for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a
variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other
voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take
advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new
career at Caesars Entertainment.We're investing in your future more
than ever with enhanced tuition assistance and an all-new student
loan debt repayment program. As a new Caesars'' Team Member, you'll
be eligible to begin reaping the rewards of many of these benefits,
in just 6 months - with full access to all educational programs
with just a year of continuous employment. Benefits include tuition
assistance programs, student loan repayment, and dependent
scholarship programs. We invite you to be part of the extraordinary
and go All In on Education with us.Additional benefits include the
option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a
wide variety of team member activities.Ask about our hiring bonus
during your HR interview.
- Directs Attendants and contractors to ensure the cleanliness
and maintenance of the interior and exterior of the facility
utilizing appropriate heavy duty or specialized equipment
(extractors, floor scrubbers, shampoo and polishing machines,
scaffolding, lawn care equipment, etc) and proper cleaning
chemicals as assigned. Includes routine cleaning, project cleaning
(stripping/waxing floors, shampoo/spot clean carpets, signage/light
fixtures/vents, etc), painting, minor repairs, lawn care, snow
removal, and preventive maintenance
- Supervise shift cleaning crews, EVS maintenance operations, and
department personnel during assigned shifts.
- Assists Supervisors in the supervision of the facility to
ensure the proper functioning and/or repair and maintenance of the
structure, systems, and equipment to include heating, ventilation,
air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, and natural
gas systems as well as elevators, kitchen appliances and
- Assists the supervisors in ensuring accountability for team
members for day-to-day operations by providing feedback on
employees to supervisors while also learning how to train and
develop employees as well as coach and mentor as well. Assists
- Maintain key control.
- Maintains communication between departments, promotes guidance
for teamwork, encourages employee ideas and feedback, and mentors
and instructs attendants.
- Responsible for coordinating workflow during shifts to meet
business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for follow-through with department walk-throughs,
special cleaning projects, and maintaining department cleanliness
- Responsible for proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of
- Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental, and company
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (PPE, LO/TO,
BBP, HAZCOM) and informs supervisor/manager on duty of any safety
problems or concerns.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others
to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or comparable experience
- 2 years of general maintenance experience is required.
- Proven problem-solving skills are required as demonstrated by
the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions when
- General knowledge of chemicals, cleaners, strippers, and waxes
- Ability to operate equipment such as hand and power tools,
emergency equipment, cleaning equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills must be fluent and
literate in English and have the ability to communicate clearly and
effectively over handheld radios.
- Able to stand, sit, walk or lay for prolonged periods of
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including
ability to push, pull, lift up to 75 lbs., and the ability to push,
pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance
when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined
- Ability to work at heights of 60 feet.
- Ability to use a personal computer and appropriate software
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Outlook). WORK
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, secondhand
smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration,
crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as required. Harrah's Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council
Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part
of Caesars Entertainment's expansive portfolio, are looking to
bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know
that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why
we are all inspired by the company's Mission, Vision, and Values
and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing
the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering
two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and
entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and
properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no
matter the need.The Company is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on
race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Responsible for assisting Supervisors in direction
of team members to accomplish job functions within EVS and
Facilities at Mid-America Center.
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , Custodial/EVS Lead (Mid-America Center), Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!